Sunday, November 13, 2011

Week Two

Sorry these posts are so late!
This week has, like last week, been freakin crazy. Work and then Spanish class and then a bit of free time then bed time before I have to do it all again. Because the train runs literally directly next to my room in the hotel every morning I get a nice ol wake up call, I haven’t slept in past 7:30 more than once since I got here. This past Friday I graduated from Spanish class. Spanish class here was different than any other Spanish class I have taken, my teacher was really young and we joked around and talked the whole time. I learned more to have confidence in my trying to communicate than anything else, but when you get into the real world that’s what you need to be able to do. To get us to do this our teacher lied to us and told us he didn’t speak or understand English, we were pretty sure he did but he was pretty good at acting dumb, so if we didn’t know a word we would have to try and describe it to him in Spanish, it was definitely a challenge. I really enjoyed this class time, but I have to say I am really glad that its over, my day won’t be half as crazy and I can really have the time to focus on my project. Also I’ve decided I am going to use this time out of the US to get to a “better” me. I am not straightening my hair (-___-) learning to appreciate it natural, I am eating healthy (still amazing food, just healthier) and I am running and working out (Say What?!). I know, I’m impressed too. On top of this I am having some fun adventures with my challenges crossing the street, as a group we decided to take a fun little short cut from our Spanish class to the hotel. This short cut happens to be the train tracks, which even if a train does come it’s not a big deal since we can just move to the side of them. The major problem with this method of arriving home is we have to cross a very very large street (freeway-ish sized) with these “pedestrians don’t have rights” drivers, it is a crazy but possible mission. So when we see our opportunity to cross the street while the train goes across the tracks we realize we have to beat the train there. That was the first and, I am almost sure, the last time I will be running in front of a train to beat it any where, but I must say it was an adrenaline rush. Oh and yes we made it to the street first and got to cross the street with the train, lots of horn pulling from the train, but we made it. Now food time, well let me just start with Hillary is AMAZING and she made this crazy yummy avocado stuffed with tuna dish, ahhhhh so good. Besides that before my diet change we were eating a lot of not so good for you food or yummy sodium rich noodles.
And that’s how the cookie crumbles! 

No comments:

Post a Comment