Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Thanksgiving #1

It is every kids dream to have their favorite holiday twice a year, let me just tell you, my dream just came true. If you couldn't tell by the title of my blog I love food (come on it says Food Endeavors right there), so you can imagine my excitement when i find out Thanksgiving is coming, full force, twice this year. Tonight was (as seen in the title above) Thanksgiving number one! And it was amazing. My advisors planned the whole thing for the entire group, and they supplied the turkey and desserts and each room was to bring in a side dish. My room (I) made corn, and was delightfully surprised by my newly found corn cooking skills (not that it is a hard dish or anything but I was impressed). I cut the corn off the cob, boiled it in salt water for a little and then melted butter and garlic powder in a pan and coated the corn. It was crunchy and buttery and garlicy and delicious.  At 6:00 we all headed downstairs excited for this feast and it was more than worth the excitement. I would love to go through everything I ate but this would then turn into a novel and all that turkey is making my eyes heavy so thats not going to happen.

This amazing picture will just have to do.


Besides all of this excitement (my tummy is so happy!), today I ran a quick two miles, worked from the hotel so I got to be a little lazier, and did an aerobics class at lunch which was an interesting experience. it is already interesting enough to take workout classes in spanish, but every one else in the class seemed to be a regular and so I got a lot of questions about where my name was from, where I was from, I even got an applause for being new to the class. But the teacher worked me hard. After my class I worked more on my project and then cooked my corn, and you know where it goes from there (stuffed my face). 

Thats all she wrote for today, and man oh man am I gonna sleep good tonight!

1 comment:

  1. Glad you are having fun in the sun, and please b safe cousin.... love you

    ReplyDelete