Sunday, December 4, 2011

If swimming is such a good workout, explain whales


Today (11/23/11) I only had to work a half-day so I was happy about that. I got out of work at 11 and met up with Hillary to do a noontime run. But the moment we were going to head out it started pouring. The thing about being in a tropical place is that it is storming one minute (legit cats and dogs) and then clear the next. So we decided to head to the University where we run and then wait it out. When we arrived at the university (about a 3ish minute walk) we waited for a few more minutes then decided to just go for it. We ran a mile in the pouring rain, and when I say pouring I mean pouring, there were times when I couldn’t keep my eyes open because the water was coming on so strong. Little to say when we got back (even though we ran another two miles without the rain) it was hard to tell whether we had gone swimming or running. But it was an interesting experience. 
Soaked...
After this I went to this really cool café place and got an amazing Chai and Hillary had a delicious sandwich. The windows were lined with mosaics and there were cool pictures on the walls, it was a nice place. We then returned home and I went to sleep (yes it was only about 5:00pm) it’s been a few tiring days back to back. The rest of my night was pretty routine, some laundry, some eating, some TV, and blog writing (DUH).

Heading to Montezuma tomorrow for Thanksgiving! I hope you all eat well and eat a lot!

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment