Sunday, October 30, 2011

Week One

And so we started off running.
Every morning I wake up before 6:30 am and get ready for the day, eating my amazing breakfast of course and then starting my thirty-minute walk to work. The drivers out here are crazy; pedestrians have nothing close to the right of way and stops signs are more of a suggestion, so it is always an adventure trying to cross the streets. I am working for the CEO of Berlitz, a language company, so everyday I get to work in the office downtown. I get off at noon when I grab a quick lunch and head to my Spanish class. Another quick walk that has plenty of opportunities to die if you are not paying attention when you cross the street, not going to lie I have had more than a few close encounters. My Spanish class is great, it’s from 1:30-4:30 and we just talk and play games for most of it. I had my first test on Friday and the oral exam was a game of charades! (And of course I got an A J) After class I tend to be exhausted so after we walk back to the hotel, Hillary and I generally cook something amazing and then bedtime. So far we cooked this amazing chicken and onions in a raspberry balsamic vinaigrette sauce that was absolutely to die for! We also made so grade A French Onion Soup, it was delicious and cheap, just the way I like it. If you can’t tell we like onions a lot (be jealous Mikaela).
Yummy Raspberry Chicken
French Onion Soup

No comments:

Post a Comment